VISITOR POLICY - UPDATED EFFECTIVE Friday, April 22, 2022
11 am - 6 pm | 7 days a week. One visitor at a time for patients at Cape Regional Medical Center. Visitors may switch places outside the Medical Center, but they may not overlap. For the safety of everyone in the Medical Center, visitors are not permitted to congregate in waiting rooms or lobbies while waiting to visit. Visitors who can comply with these rules are welcome to visit during regular visiting hours.
- All visitors MUST WEAR A MASK COVERING THEIR NOSE AND MOUTH at all times in the Medical Center. If a mask is needed, one will be provided.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED in any patient's room at any time. The cafeteria is open during visiting hours and a visitor dining area is provided for your convenience.
- Visitors MUST BE AT LEAST 18 years of age.
- One visitor at a time is permitted during these hours except for Maternity which permits one visitor at a time, one support person and a doula from birth through post-partum
- All visitors will be issued a Visitor Pass and it MUST BE visible to our staff.
- The name and address of all visitors will be recorded prior to being directed to the appropriate patient care unit.
- Visitors are NOT PERMITTED under the following circumstances: For inpatients who are in isolation for COVID-19 or receiving aerosol generating procedures.
Emergency Department Visitors
- One visitor for the patient's entire stay. (Visitation in the Emergency Department is dependent on the ability to maintain social distance and the protocol may change without notice at the discretion of the Emergency Department team.)
- For the safety of everyone in the Medical Center, visitors are not permitted to congregate in waiting rooms or lobbies while waiting to visit. Visitors who can comply with these rules are welcome to visit.
- Designated support persons (see guidelines below)
Masks Covering Nose and Mouth are Required
Masks (surgical style, not cloth) covering the nose and mouth are required to be worn by all persons entering Cape Regional Medical Center and affiliate facilities.
Support Person Guidelines
Support persons who meets the Medical Center's guidelines, will be permitted under the following circumstances.
- Pediatrics - Both parents/guardians for a patient under the age of 18
- Maternity - One birthing partner for a woman in labor, delivery and post-partum. Plus a doula may be present during labor and delivery.
- Hospice/End of Life - One visitor at a time for a hospice or end-of-life patient who is negative for COVID-19 (unless a limited number of additional persons is deemed to be appropriate)
- Disabled Patient - One to two alternating caregivers for an intellectually, cognitively or developmentally disabled patient
Designated support person duties may not be transferred. The designated support person guidelines are subject to change without notice.
Contacting Patient Care Units
Emergency Medicine Department
Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit (CCU/ICU)
Same Day Surgery
Community Health and Support Groups
All Community Health Meetings and Support Groups have been relocated out of the Medical Center for the foreseeable future.
If you are uncertain of whether or not your community health group or support group has been cancelled, please call the organization directly for up to date information.
Where To Eat
For your convenience, vending machines offering beverages and snack foods are located throughout the Medical Center. Eating is prohibited in patient rooms.
The Medical Center cafeteria is open 7 days a week. Monday - Friday 6 am to 6 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 6 pm. Visitors may enjoy a meal or beverage in our reserved Visitor Dining Area. The main dining room is reserved for team members only. Please keep your mask on while ordering and making your purchase. Please social distance from other visitors while dining. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the cafeteria area.
Gift Shop & Flowers
The Cape Keepsakes Gift Shop is open Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm; Sunday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Closed on Saturday. Gift Shop hours may vary dependent on staffing.
If you would like to send a gift to a patient, please call Cape Keepsakes at 609.463.2391 and visit our webpage for a selection of gifts Cape Keepsakes for details.
To order flowers, please call Cape Winds Florist at 609.884.1865.