12 pm - 6 pm. 7 days a week.
Visitors/Support Persons who meet exceptions - Things You Need To Know
Thank you for observing the following visitor guidelines:
- Please enter through the Patient Entrance (South Lobby).
- Visitors must be at least 18 years of age.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of illness and temperature upon entry. Visitors who are ill and/or have a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to visit or remain in the Medical Center.
- All visitors will be issued a Visitor Pass. Please place it on your clothing so it is visible to our staff.
- All visitors’ names and contact numbers will be recorded prior to being directed to the appropriate patient care unit.
- All visitors must wear a mask throughout their visit in the medical center. If a mask is needed, one can be provided.
- Please practice social distancing in all areas of the Medical Center, including the patient’s room.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room during the visit.
- No food and drink is permitted in any patient’s room.
- Critical/End of life patient status may warrant flexibility in permitting additional visitors. Please check with the nursing staff for current guidelines.
- Pediatrics – two parents or guardians may visit at the same time (inpatient and outpatient)
- Inpatients – One visitor at a time, additional visitors much exchange outside the medical center.
- End-of-life – Up to two visitors at bedside at the same time provided care team approves.
This list may change without notice.
Be a Good Visitor
- Patients need plenty of rest, so please keep your visit short. Speak quietly and be considerate of those around you.
- We encourage you to make visits pleasant and cheerful. Bring lots of good news!
- Please respect privacy. Kindly knock on closed doors.
- No food or drink are permitted to be brought to patient care area by visitors. We appreciate your cooperation!
Visitors who are able to comply with these guidelines, are welcome to visit during regular visiting hours.
Support Person Guidelines
One support person, who meets the Medical Center's guidelines, will be permitted to accompany a patient receiving the following services.
- Emergency Department
- Outpatient Services
- Surgical Services
Exclusions to Visitor Policy
Visitors are not permitted under the following circumstances:
- For inpatients who are in isolation for COVID-19 or receiving aerosol generating procedures.
Exclusions may change without notice.
Exceptions to the exclusions above:
- Both parents/guardians for a patient under the age of 18
- One birthing partner for a woman in labor
- Up to two people at a time for a hospice or end-of-life patient who is negative for COVID-19 (unless a limited number of additional persons is deemed to be appropriate.)
- One to two alternating caregivers for an intellectually, cognitively or developmentally disabled patient
Designated support person duties may not be transferred. The designated support person guidelines are subject to change without notice.
Maternal Health Services
A birthing partner may accompany and stay with a maternity patient who is in labor, delivery, and post-partum. The patient may also have a doula present during labor and delivery.
How to Enter the Medical Center
- All visitors and patients (except emergency room) should enter the Medical Center through the South Lobby (Patient Entrance).
- Please wear a mask/face covering when entering the Medical Center.
If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- Emergency room patients should enter through the Emergency Room located on the north side of the Medical Center.
- The East Lobby (Visitor entrance) continues to be closed.
Contacting Patient Care Units
Emergency Medicine Department
Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit (CCU/ICU)
Same Day Surgery
Community Health and Support Groups
All Community Health Meetings and Support Groups have been relocated out of the Medical Center for the foreseeable future.
If you are uncertain of whether or not your community health group or support group has been cancelled, please call the organization directly for up to date information.
Where To Eat
For your convenience, vending machines offering beverages and snack foods are located throughout the Medical Center.
The Medical Center cafeteria is open 7 days a week. Monday - Friday 6 am to 6 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 6 pm. Visitors may enjoy a meal or beverage in our designated Visitor Dining Area. The main dining room is reserved for team members only. Please keep your mask on while ordering and making your purchase. Please social distance from other visitors while dining. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the cafeteria area.
Gift Shop & Flowers
The Cape Keepsakes Gift Shop is open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Gift Shop hours may vary dependent on staffing. Please visit Cape Keepsakes for details. If you would like to purchase flowers for a patient, we recommend Cape Winds Florist at 609.884.1865.
New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
To access the NJ COVID-19 Information Hub - visit covid19.nj.gov