Due to the significant increase in the COVID-19 positivity rate in Cape May County, Cape Regional Health System has implemented a no visitor policy effective Wednesday, November 18, 2020. This policy is necessary in order to protect our patients and staff.
Individuals who meet these exceptions will be screened prior to visitation or entry into the Medical Center or ambulatory practice sites.
Effective Wednesday, November 18, 2020 there will be no visiting hours at the Medical Center.
Visitors/Support Persons who meet exceptions - Things You Need To Know
Our most important priority is the health and safety of our patients and team members. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in following our screening process that has been put into place:
- All visitors will be screened for illness and temperature each time they enter the building.
- All individuals will be issued a pass. Please keep your pass visible while inside the Medical Center. Please properly dispose of your pass in a trash receptacle when you leave.
- Masks are required to be worn by all persons entering Cape Regional Medical Center and affiliate facilities. If you do not have a mask (or forgot your mask), one will be provided to you. Please properly dispose of your mask in a trash receptacle when you leave.
- Be a Good Visitor
- Patients need plenty of rest, so please keep your visit short. Speak quietly and be considerate of those around you.
- We encourage you to make visits pleasant and cheerful. Bring lots of good news!
- Please respect privacy. Kindly knock on closed doors.
- No food or drink are permitted to be brought to patient care area by visitors. We appreciate your cooperation!
Currently, no visitors are permitted under these circumstances:
- Inpatients in isolation for COVID-19 or receiving aerosol generating procedures.
- Anyone who has travelled to or from a State on the NJ Travel Advisory List within the last 14 days. To see the State of NJ Travel Advisory List, click HERE
Designated Support Persons Guidelines
Exceptions to the visiting policy are as follows:
- Both parents/guardians for a patient under the age of 18
- One birthing partner for a woman in labor
- One person at a time for a hospice or end-of-life patient who is negative for COVID-19 or respiratory illness precautions (unless a limited number of additional persons is determed to be appropriate.)
- One to two alternating caregivers for an intellectually, cognitively or developmentally disabled patient
Designated support person duties may not be transferred. The designated support person guidelines are subject to change without notice.
Maternal Health Services
A designated support person may accompany and stay with a maternity patient who is in labor, delivery, and post-partum.
How to Enter the Medical Center
- All visitors and patients (except emergency room) should enter the Medical Center through the South Lobby (Patient Entrance).
- Please wear a mask/face covering when entering the Medical Center.
If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- Emergency room patients should enter through the Emergency Room located on the north side of the Medical Center.
- The East Lobby (Visitor entrance) continues to be closed.
Contacting Patient Care Units
Emergency Medicine Department
Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit (CCU/ICU)
Same Day Surgery
Community Health and Support Groups
All Community Health Meetings and Support Groups have been relocated out of the Medical Center for the foreseeable future.
If you are uncertain of whether or not your community health group or support group has been cancelled, please call the organization directly for up to date information.
Where To Eat
For your convenience, vending machines offering beverages and snack foods are located throughout the Medical Center.
The Medical Center cafeteria is open 7 days a week. Monday - Friday 6 am to 6 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 6 pm. Visitors my enjoy a meal or beverage in our designated Visitor Dining Area. The main dining room is reserved for team members only. Please keep your mask on while ordering and making your purchase. Please social distance from other visitors while dining. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the cafeteria area.
Gift Shop & Flowers
The Cape Keepsakes Gift Shop is open Monday - Friday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Please visit Cape Keepsakes for details. If you would like to purchase flowers for a patient, we recommend Cape Winds Florist at 609.884.1865.
New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
To access the NJ COVID-19 Information Hub - visit covid19.nj.gov