Cape Regional Health System is taking every precaution to keep our patients, their families, and our team members safe. We are pleased to keep you updated on our visitors policy. Our policy is subject to change without advanced notice. We appreciate your understanding.
Effective Monday, August 24, 2020, Inpatient visiting hours will be from 12 noon to 2:00 pm – 7 days per week.
One visitor will be permitted per patient at a time.
Visitors - Things You Need To Know
Our most important priority is the health and safety of our patients, visitors and team members. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in following our screening process that has been put into place:
- All visitors will be screened for illness and temperature each time they enter the building.
- All individuals will be issued a pass. Please keep your pass visible while inside the Medical Center. Please properly dispose of your pass in a trash receptacle when you leave.
- Masks are required to be worn by all persons entering Cape Regional Medical Center and affiliate facilities. If you do not have a mask (or forgot your mask), one will be provided to you. Please properly dispose of your mask in a trash receptacle when you leave.
- Be a Good Visitor
- Patients need plenty of rest, so please keep your visit short. Speak quietly and be considerate of those around you.
- We encourage you to make visits pleasant and cheerful. Bring lots of good news!
- Please respect privacy. Kindly knock on closed doors.
- No food or drink are permitted to be brought to patient care area by visitors. We appreciate your cooperation!
Currently, no visitors are permitted in these areas:
- Emergency Room
- Surgical Services
- Outpatient Services
Inpatient Care Units Welcoming Visitors
One visitor per patient is welcome to visit during designated visiting hours. Please see "Visitors - Things You Need To Know" above for additional details.
- 2 East
- 2 North
- Critical Care Unit
- 3 PCCU
- 4 East
- Maternity (postpartum visitor)
Maternal Health Services
A designated support person may accompany and stay with a maternity patient who is in observation (preterm labor) through labor and delivery.
How to Enter the Medical Center
- The East Lobby (Visitor entrance) continues to be closed.
- All visitors and patients (except emergency room) should enter the Medical Center through the South Lobby (Patient Entrance).
- Please wear a mask/face covering when entering the Medical Center.
If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- Emergency room patients should enter through the Emergency Room located on the north side of the Medical Center.
Contacting Patient Care Units
Emergency Medicine Department - no visitors are permited at this time.
Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit (CCU/ICU)
Same Day Surgery - no visitors permitted at this time.
Community Health and Support Groups
All Community Health Meetings and Support Groups have been relocated out of the Medical Center for the foreseeable future.
If you are uncertain of whether or not your community health group or support group has been cancelled, please call the organization directly for up to date information.
Where To Eat
For your convenience, vending machines offering beverages and snack foods are located throughout the Medical Center.
The Medical Center cafeteria is open 7 days a week. Monday - Friday 6 am to 6 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 6 pm. Visitors my enjoy a meal or beverage in our designated Visitor Dining Area. The main dining room is reserved for team members only. Please keep your mask on while ordering and making your purchase. Please social distance from other visitors while dining. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the cafeteria area.
Gift Shop & Flowers
The Cape Keepsakes Gift Shop is currently closed. Please check back for updated information.
New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
To access the NJ COVID-19 Information Hub - visit covid19.nj.gov