EFFECTIVE Thursday, March 9, 2023
Visitation Level is changed to GREEN. Two visitors permitted for inpatients. Two visitors permitted for Emergency Department patients as long as physical distancing can be maintained (exclusions and exceptions apply.) Please see complete details below.
10 am - 6 pm, 7 days a week. Two visitors at a time for patients at Cape Regional Medical Center.
Other visitors waiting to visit must wait in their vehicle or outside of the Medical Center building. Congregating in lobbies and waiting rooms is prohibited while waiting to visit. Visitors who can comply with these rules are welcome to visit during regular visiting hours.
- All visitors MUST WEAR A MASK COVERING THEIR NOSE AND MOUTH at all times in the Medical Center. If a mask is needed, one will be provided.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED in any patient's room at any time. The cafeteria is open during visiting hours and a visitor dining area is provided for your convenience.
- Visitors MUST BE AT LEAST 18 years of age.
- Two visitors at a time is permitted during these hours.
- All visitors will be issued a Visitor Pass and it MUST BE visible to our staff.
- The name and address of all visitors may be recorded prior to being directed to the appropriate patient care unit.
- Visitors are NOT PERMITTED under the following circumstances: For inpatients who are in isolation for COVID-19 or receiving aerosol generating procedures.
- Two visitors permitted as long as physical distancing can be maintained. (Visitation in the Emergency Department is dependent on the ability to maintain physical distance, and the protocol may change without notice at the discretion of the Emergency Department team.)
- For the safety of everyone in the medical center, all other visitors must wait in their vehicle and are not permitted to congregate in waiting rooms or lobbies. Visitors who can comply with these rules are welcome to visit.
- Designated support persons (see guidelines below).
Up to two visitors at bedside at the same time provided care team approves and deems it is safe and feasible to meet social distancing guidelines. Visitors may switch throughout the day. Alternate visitors must wait in their vehicle or outside of the building. Congregating in lobbies and waiting rooms is prohibited.
Two parents or guardians may visit at the same time
Provided physical distancing can be accomplished:
- One visitor until the patient is taken into prep
- One visitor for discharge instructions
- Visitor must wear a surgical style mask (not cloth) covering nose and mouth at all times.
Masks (surgical style, not cloth) covering the nose and mouth are required to be worn by all persons entering Cape Regional Medical Center and affiliate facilities.
Support persons who meets the Medical Center's guidelines, will be permitted under the following circumstances.
- Pediatrics - Both parents/guardians for a patient under the age of 18
- Hospice/End of Life - Two visitors at a time for a hospice or end-of-life patient who is negative for COVID-19 (unless a limited number of additional persons is deemed to be appropriate)
- Disabled Patient - One to two alternating caregivers for an intellectually, cognitively or developmentally disabled patient
Designated support person duties may not be transferred. The designated support person guidelines are subject to change without notice.
Emergency Medicine Department
Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit (CCU/ICU)
Same Day Surgery
All community health meetings and support groups have been relocated out of the medical center until further notice.
If you are uncertain of whether or not your community health group or support group has been cancelled, please call the organization directly for up-to-date information.
For your convenience, vending machines offering beverages and snack foods are located throughout the medical center. Eating is prohibited in patient rooms.
The medical center's cafeteria is open 7 days a week; Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Visitors may enjoy a meal or beverage in our reserved Visitor Dining Area. The main dining room is reserved for team members only. Please keep your mask on covering your nose and mouth while ordering and making your purchase. Please social distance from other visitors while dining. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the cafeteria area.
The Cape Keepsakes Gift Shop is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Closed on Saturday. Gift shop hours may vary dependent on staffing.
If you would like to send a gift to a patient, please call Cape Keepsakes at 609.463.2391 and visit our webpage for a selection of gifts Cape Keepsakes for details.
To order flowers, please call Cape Winds Florist at 609.884.1865.