Cape Regional Health System is committed to providing the highest quality and most advanced intensive care services to our patients. We offer 24/7/365 coverage through our intensivist partnership with Cooper University Health Care and our Cooper University Health Care Intensive Care Telemedicine Program.
Cape Regional Medical Center in partnership with Cooper University Health Care has launched an Intensivist Program. Cape Regional has a long history of providing high quality care and continually looks for ways to improve the services we provide and raise the quality bar. The Intensivist program is a perfect example of that commitment.
The partnership enhances Cape Regional's high-quality critical care program and supports our community with physicians experienced in treating very complex patient cases.
Some of the highlights of the program include:
- Access to Cooper University Health Care’s academic medical center program utilizing the best practices in critical care management, the latest clinical techniques, research protocols and access to physicians that are not only nationally recognized for their care but who collaborate with other nationally ranked critical care specialists
- The Intensivist team's collaboration with our hospitalists, specialists and primary care providers to deliver a higher level of critical care to the patients we treat
- Patients requiring this type of care will no longer have to leave our community, which benefits not only the patient but their families
- The Cooper team will be members of our medical staff and are all board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- The team will provide coverage in the ICU 12 hours a day with continued Cooper University Health Care Intensive Care telemedicine support after hours
Dealing with a critical illness is never easy. But knowing that you or a loved one are receiving the most advanced, comprehensive care available can help you rest a bit more assured.
Cape Regional Health System's and Cooper University Intensivists are a leader in intensive care in Cape May County. Our patient-centered model makes sure families are always involved, so you’ll know exactly what kind of treatment your loved one is receiving.
Using the latest technology, our team of intensivists, critical care practitioners and nurses work together to monitor ICU patients around the clock—and give them the highest quality care possible.
We've also invested in advanced tools, which allow us to provide services that are unique in Cape May County such as:
- Two sets of eyes are better than one. Cooper University Intensivist physicians monitor ICU patients from an off-site location to provide a second layer of care and ensure patient safety.
Bedside Video Conferencing
- Patients and their care team have access to experts all over the country with face-to-face consultations.
- Our real-time monitoring tools alert practitioners and nurses about potential issues before they become urgent.
Individualized ICU Care
- At Cape Regional Health System, our team works to care for the whole patient. Our ICU doctors and ICU nurses work with physical therapists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, quality managers, social workers and family members to ensure patients receive the most comprehensive treatment.