Cape Regional Medical Center's foot and ankle surgeons provide comprehensive medical and surgical care for a wide variety of conditions, from common to complex disorders and injuries that affect people of all ages. As members of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, podiatric surgeons are uniquely qualified to detect the early stages of diseases that exhibit warning signs in the lower extremities. These diseases can include diabetes, arthritis and cardiovascular disease. They also manage foot conditions which may compromise a patient's overall health.
Cape Regional Medical Center Podiatric Surgeons provide a range of surgical services that include:
- Comprehensive medical and surgical foot care
- Reconstructive procedures for congenital and acquired deformities
- Partial Joint Implants
- Joint Resurfacing
- Diabetic foot care
"What is a Foot and Ankle Surgeon?"
- Surgical specialists of the podiatric profession
- Graduates of accredited U.S. podiatric medical schools
- Have completed surgical residency programs of up to four years
- Members of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
- Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Many have additional fellowship training in various aspects of foot and ankle surgery